For more than 30 years, our GSG crash pads for front and rear wheels have been reliably protecting the wheel axles/wheel area in everyday use on street motorcycles and also on racing machines. Thanks to our many years of experience, we have the perfect-fit crash pads for many brands and models.
GSG pad set for: Yamaha YZF-R1 (2015 – 2019)
Installation location: front wheel
Color of pads: black
Changes to the bike: no
Scope of delivery:
- The GSG pads are off specially selected high-performance plastic Manufactured and precisely turned by CNC (Pad skids of the Streetline version and engine cover attachments/protection are CNC milled from solid plastic material)
- the large contact surface of ~60mm optimally absorbs the forces that occur in the event of a fall / fall (Contact surface for Streetline and engine cover protection, etc. even larger due to construction!)
- Precisely calculated radii on the edges of the pads ensure an optimal gliding effect, which brakes the bike in a calculated manner during the slipping phase of a fall, without generating excessive bending and leverage forces on the bike/mount and thus avoiding further damage, but providing sufficient braking effect to brake the bike efficiently.
- Except for a few models, one is used Aluminum flange/adapter (2-part construction) or a CNC - milled Aluminum carrier plate as a holder for the plastic pad. This is the only way to ensure that the pad and motor are firmly seated in the long term.
- The attachment adapters and carrier plates are made of a special aluminum alloy
- Calculated predetermined breaking points and predetermined bending points at the connection points of the pads on the carrier plates or on the base carrier/adapter provide additional security. Before extreme leverage forces are transferred to the frame or engine mount, the pads give way from a certain force - consequential damage can thus be almost ruled out.
- To ensure the correct fit of the pads, GSG pads are included pressed steel bushing equipped - exactly at the point where there is a direct connection to the frame or engine. This means that the manufacturer's torque values for fastening can be correctly adhered to - a secure fit of the pads and the motor is guaranteed (Plastic is an elastic material, so only a maximum of 30 Nm can be achieved as a tightening torque without a steel bushing and you will probably drive with a loose, vibrating engine. In the event of a fall, enormous leverage forces act on the frame eye and the thread can easily expand or tear out at the appropriate point)!
- Mehr als 30 Jahre Erfahrung im Rennsport und auf der Straße machen unsere GSG Pads zu den am meisten getesteten und erprobten Produkte im Bereich Sturzschutz! Viele Profi-Rennteams schwören auf GSG – und auch viele Motorradfahrer weltweit sind überzeugt und vertrauen der Qualität und der jahrzehntelangen Expertise von GSG.
Scope of delivery:
All components required for professional assembly are included. Assembly instructions are included with each model.