The GSG DUO-Safety crash pad sets reliably protect the frame, engine, transmission and fairing parts of your bike - in other words: the heart of your motorcycle. In the event of a fall or a fall, the plastic pads prevent the critical areas from grinding through, breaking or being otherwise affected - and have been doing so for over 30 years.
GSG crash pad set for: Yamaha XSR900 (2016 -)
Color of pads: black or white
Changes to the bike: no
Assembly: Individual/direct screw connection via adapter/thread on the frame
- The GSG pads are off specially selected high-performance plastic Manufactured and precisely turned by CNC (Pad skids of the Streetline version and engine cover attachments/protection are CNC milled from solid plastic material)
- the large contact surface of ~60mm optimally absorbs the forces that occur in the event of a fall / fall (Contact surface for Streetline and engine cover protection, etc. even larger due to construction!)
- Precisely calculated radii on the edges of the pads ensure an optimal gliding effect, which brakes the bike in a calculated manner during the slipping phase of a fall, without generating excessive bending and leverage forces on the bike/mount and thus avoiding further damage, but providing sufficient braking effect to brake the bike efficiently.
- All GSG crash pad sets are so-called DUO safety crash pads: Additional supplied damper caps are attached to the pads using a press connection and absorb an additional 1300 N (130 kg) of impact weight in the event of a fall/topple. The highlight: the damper caps are interchangeable and can be bought inexpensively from our spare parts!
- Except for a few models, one is used Aluminum flange/adapter (2-part construction) or a CNC - milled Aluminum carrier plate as a holder for the plastic pad. This is the only way to ensure that the pad and motor are firmly seated in the long term.
- The attachment adapters and carrier plates are made of a special aluminum alloy
- Calculated predetermined breaking points and predetermined bending points at the connection points of the pads on the carrier plates or on the base carrier/adapter provide additional security. Before extreme leverage forces are transferred to the frame or engine mount, the pads give way from a certain force - consequential damage can thus be almost ruled out.
- To ensure the correct fit of the pads, GSG pads are included pressed steel bushing equipped - exactly at the point where there is a direct connection to the frame or engine. This means that the manufacturer's torque values for fastening can be correctly adhered to - a secure fit of the pads and the motor is guaranteed (Plastic is an elastic material, so only a maximum of 30 Nm can be achieved as a tightening torque without a steel bushing and you will probably drive with a loose, vibrating engine. In the event of a fall, enormous leverage forces act on the frame eye and the thread can easily expand or tear out at the appropriate point)!
- More than 30 years of experience in racing and on the road make our GSG pads the most tried and tested products in the field of fall protection! Many professional racing teams swear by GSG - and many motorcyclists worldwide are also convinced and trust the quality and decades of expertise of GSG.
Scope of delivery:
The plastic pads and all required attachments are included. Assembly instructions are included with each model/pad set.
With all round pads 60 mm you also get the special shock absorber caps for additional protection.